Sunday, March 28, 2021

Fancy Fold Card

Today I'm showing you a card that was inspired by Janice Gilhooley. It's a Fancy Fold card and pretty easy to make! Let's go! 

First you start with a sheet of cardstock that is 8 1/2" x 11". With the cardstock laying tall score at 4 1/4". Rotate so the cardstock is laying wide and score at 5 1/2". Now you cut diagonal from one corner to the other and you end up with TWO card bases!

Using the score lines fold the flaps to make into a card. To decorate the flaps with a pattern paper cut a piece of paper 4" x 5 1/4" then cut diagonally. 

After that it gets really simple! I used a die cut hexagon for my sentiment layer. I rubbed some distress oxide ink and in yellow then stamped the sentiment. Then I tapped my water brush over the hexagon to activate the ink. I also added some gold sequins. Finally I glued the hexagon over the opening of the card front using glue on only the top left side of the hexagon.

For the inside of the card I stamped a little floral decoration along with a sentiment. 



Close To My Heart products used on this card.
  • Stamp Sets: Just a Note, Sweet Bouquet
  • Paper Pack: Eat, Play, Love... Mix-in (9026)
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Fern
  • Exclusive Inks: Fern
  • Distress Oxide Ink: Spiced Marmalade
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Hexagons
  • Embellishments: Gold Sequins
  • Tools: Mini Blending Tool, Water Brush, Liquid Tombow Glue

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking  #ctmh

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...