Friday, March 5, 2021

Floral Die Cut card ~ Color Dare #434

 Friday brings a new Color My Heart Color Dare challenge for us to create with for the next two weeks. 

Here's how this challenge works. You get to choose at least 3 colors from the grid below.  Black, White, Neutrals and Silver are FREE.  We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like then use the link on our home page to join the challenge.

 My card was inspired by Shalna Glass. Her card is in different colors but I knew the design would look fabulous in colors for this challenge. For my card I used four colors from the grid. Grape, Sage, Lagoon and Canary. The flower is a die cut but the leaves were cut with my Cricut. I sponged some ink to accent the edges of the petals and leaf. The center of the flower is filled with tiny beads held in place with some liquid glue then topped with a gilder gem. Silver Thread and gems were used around the flower to embellish. The white background is also a die cut.

The sentiment layer was heat embossed.  I did silver embossing on silver foil cardstock for a tone on tone look. The one thing to be careful about when embossing on foil cardstock is the slipperyness. The embossing ink wants to slide on the foil if you aren't careful. If you set the inked stamp straight down and lift it straight up you should be good. Then just finish the process as usual.




3-D Flower Thin Cuts

Stitched Lattice Background

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Stamp Set: Sending Well Wishes (sentiment)
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Grape, Lagoon, Canary, Sage
  • Specialty Paper: Vellum, Silver Foil
  • Exclusive Inks: Grape, Lagoon, Sage
  • Embossing: Silver Powder, VersaMark Pad, Heat Tool
  • Embellishments: Bold Bitty Beads, Silver Thread, Silver Glitter Gems
  • Tools: Glue Dots, Tombow Liquid Glue

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn! We can't wait to see what you make! 


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking

7 comments:

  1. Love that die background and your floral with the combination of colors... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love the way you used multiple colors for the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey so much detail I don’t know where to begin! The flower is gorgeous. The grape petals just draw the eye in. The flower centre is very clever with the beads and gem. I’ve never thought to heat emboss onto mirror card...another thing to add to my must try list! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver embossing powder on silver foil paper? You learn something new everyday! Love how your flower really stands out against the white background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card inspired me to create a card of my own using your stitched cover die. Your flower is so pretty and intricate. This card is clean and so refreshing. Thanks for the inspiration teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of all those thin cuts. I LOVE LOVE your flower.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...