Friday, April 14, 2023

Stenciled Butterfly Card ~ Color Dare #544

Welcome to a new color challenge from our Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare. Each Friday we post a new challenge to inspire you. This challenge is a 3 color challenge. You MUST use all 3 colors. See the fine print in the graphic below for the rest of the rules. 

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge use the direct link under the graphic.

I felt our new Butterfly Slimline Embossing Folder + Stencils (link below) would be a perfect way to create for this challenge. Using Cardstock in Peach, Harbour and Rosemary I created the layers on the card front. Now is the time to stock up on Cardstock during our big sale!

The Peach layer was embossed giving me the raised butterfly images. Then using the two coordinating stencils I added Exclusive Ink in Peach and Harbour with Blending Brushes. The sentiments are from the Cosette Cardmaking set and stamped in Rosemary Ink.

As a finishing touch I added Iridescent Flower Confetti to the design. This confetti is so pretty but the photo just doesn't show it off very well. Hint: placing the tiny confetti was easy using our Pick up Tool. All you have to do i touch the item and it picks right up for you to place on your project.



Click her for direct link to Color Dare #544




If you don't make slimline cards the embossing folder + stencils will still work for you! I used my "practice" piece to make these two standard size cards. I simple cut the embossed layer in half. Another way to use it is to just place your smaller sized cardstock in the folder where you want it. The stencil just those butterflies. 




Z4698 Butterfly Slimline Embossing Foler + Stencils

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

10 comments:

  1. Love all the cards... beautiful and what a great idea to cut the slimline stencil in half to create other cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the colours of this colour dare. I just got this slimline embossing folder and stencils and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flutterbys are stunning!! These colors are perfect for the butterfly images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the inking over the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...