Are you feeling crafty today? I have a great way to get started on a project. A color Dare Challenge gives you the color palette and you create any paper craft you like! We get you started and you take it from there!
This challenge gives you 3 colors to use and you must use all 3 colors shown in the graphic Make sure your colors are a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. We also give you some Free colors to use with the challenge colors. See the graphic for that information.
Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge use the direct link below the graphic.
I chose to go with a Christmas Card theme for this challenge. I love making Christmas cards in non-traditional colors!
I first die cut the flower layers and leaves. Next I used our Impressions Plate and ran the die cuts through again creating more dimension. This was important for my next step: adding Gold Foil.
When you Hot Foil be sure to save your scraps. This is what I used to add gold to the flower petals and leaves.
With a bit of glue on my finger I lightly brushed the raised part of petals and leaves. Then I used my foil scraps on top of the glue. Pace the foil shiny side up and when you pull the foil off you get this lovely look!
Here's a close up with the foil on the petals and leaves. I didn't want a lot of foil so I was light with the glue. Of courses you can adjust this to whatever amount of foil you want on your project. This is a GREAT way to use those scraps!
I also embossed some white CS to place under the flower. This is matted with Gold Foil Paper to carry the gold theme throughout the design.
The sentiment is stamped on one of the labels outlined in gold. A few gold die cuts as accents and the card front was done.
The inside was kept simple but still has some fun details. I had one of the gold die cut accents so I added it here. A bit of stamping in the corner brings the colors inside, too.
I hope you enjoyed this card and the fun tip about using those foil scraps. It's a good feeling to use as much as you can from your supplies!
Now it's your turn to sho us how our colors inspire your creativity. We can't wait to see what you create! Have fun!
Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrator
MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!
#showandtellwithmichelle #colordarechallenge #cardmaking #colordare #pretteypoinsettieabundle
No comments:
Post a Comment
What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!