Monday, July 9, 2018

Joyful Stars Blog Hop ~ More String Painting




Welcome to our monthly blog hop. It's an anything goes hop so you'll see a variety of things in the hop. If you're coming from Marie Flayer's blog you're doing fine. Just keep clicking the link in each post to complete the circle of blogs in the hop.

I have been seeing a lot of ideas using string painting. It's a fun, but messy, technique that creates really cool images for crafting! I used reinkers for my colors and added a bit with a brush for the flower centers.

The simple version of what I did is that you wet a length of string with reinker (or paint), put it between a folded piece of cardstock and then pull the string out. There are tons of videos on you tube so check them out.






Close To My Heart products

  • Reinkers: Lagoon, Blossom, Lemon / Pewter, Pixie, Lemon / Raspberry, Lagoon / Pansy, New England Ivy, Lemon
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Lagoon, Blossom / Pixie, Lemon ? Raspberry, Lagoon / Pansy, New England Ivy
  • Embellishments: Adventure Ribbon Pack / Basic Ribbon Pack / Clear Sparkles / Whimsy Ribbon Pack
Other products
  • Small plastic cups
  • Q-tips
  • String
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's time to hop over to see what creative ideas Betty Locco is sharing with us today.
Thanks for hopping by!

Have a great day!
Michelle

#closetomyheart #cardmaking #showandtellwithmichelle

12 comments:

  1. Isn't this string art addictive? Nice designs. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes it is addictive! I love playing with different color combos!

      Delete
  2. WOW - your cards don't look like you "pained with sting" - they are works of ART! Your color combinations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards!! I haven't tried this yet, but you have definitely intrigued me...such pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Give it a try. You'll have fun and it's really easy!

      Delete
  4. I love the use of 2 colors, it is fun and you just can't one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's fun trying all kinds of colors, isn't it!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What fabulous cards! Thanks for creating them with our fabulous Close to My Heart colors and for inspiring me to perhaps try it when I have extra time.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. When you get a chance give it a try! It's fun and addictive!

      Delete
  6. Wow, your cards turned out GREAT! Fun idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I especially love the purple card. I'm a technique junkie so love to play when I get a chance. Looks like I'll need to add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...