Thursday, June 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Shake It Up




This month we're shaking things up with Shaker Cards! These cards are so much fun and a lot easier to make than you might think! Let's get started.

If you've come from Darlys Recker's blog you're on the right path. Just keep clicking on the links in each post to continue on the hop.

First you need to have a window cut into your top layer. I used a 2" x 2" square but you can use any shape you like. Behind my window is a Flip Flap used as a pocket for the shaker pieces. I used sequins after taking off the glue dot on the back.

Decorate the top layer as you like. I used some paper from Little Dreamer and My Girl Compliments.  I also used a Journal Pen to decorate around the edges. Once this layer is decorated it's time to assemble the shaker part!

Choose a Flip Flap that will cover the window area with a bit of extra on all sides and room for the closure flap to be hidden. Once you have your shaker Flip Flap done then glue it to the back of the window. You need a bit of space for the pieces to shake easily so now it's time for the 3D Foam Tape. Place the foam tape around the edges of the window and the outer edges of this top layer. This will create the shaking space and also support this top layer of the card front. Now you have a Shaker Card!



All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Little Dreamer Paper Pack
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • My Girl Compliments
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Flip Flaps--3" x 4"
  • Gold Sequins
  • Clear Shimmer Brush
  • 3D Foam Tape
  • Journal Pen
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Now it's time to hop over to see what Melissa Robinson has created to inspire us!

Happy Hopping!
Michelle

#closetomyheart  #cardmaking  #techniquebloghop

4 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...