Friday, May 3, 2024

Color Dare #599

Can you believe it's May already? Time just seems to keep going faster all  the time! Let's enjoy and create as much as we can as it flys by!

This Color Dare is a beautiful one and I loved creating with it! You must use all 3 colors. See the graphic for the fine print rules. Be sure your colors are a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Do not add extra colors to the palette. Make any paper craft you like! When you're ready to join our challenge, click here.

I decided to try a technique I've seen around. I'm not sure what the name of it is but it reminds me of stained glass. I've always loved stained glass so it was a must try for me and it's really fun!

All you need for this technique is an embossing folder, markers, black ink pad plus the other items needed to make a card. 


First emboss on white cardstock. Then, using the side where the image goes "in", color the low spots of the image with the marker. You want a bold look for the colors. Once you're finished coloring all the low spots, take the black ink pad and rub it all over the piece. The high spots will pick up the black ink and leaving the colors to pop! Note: if the low spots are large areas some of the black might "catch" on those areas but it's all good as that adds character. Once you're done with the black ink go ahead and finish the piece as you like. I added some sparkles to the centers of the circles.

Direct link to Color Dare #599

Go get your fingers inky by trying this fun technique! This card was my first attempt and it turned out pretty good! I'l be sharing more of this technique soon so be sure to check back!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #techniques

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial! Perfect embossing folder for this technique. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very pretty your card, amazin use of the hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique you used on your card... beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool design paired with the black - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool technique!! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like stained glass! And it's so pretty. Plus, I've always been a big fan of colors against black for that pop factor.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Framed Floral ~ Color Dare #620

 Welcome to Friday! Friday's are great for a lot of ideas but here at Color Dare it's because we go live with a new color challenge....