Friday, May 10, 2024

Technique Card ~ Color Dare #600

 Welcome to our popular Tic Tac Toe challenge at Color Dare! First pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. After that if you want to use some...or all...of the other colors you can. 

Make sure your colors are a close match to those in the grid. DO NOT add any extra colors to the palette. See the graphic for the fine print rules. Make any paper craft you like! When you're ready to join our challenge, click here!

As I said last week, I don't know if there is an official title for this technique. It reminds me of stained glass so that's what I call it...the Stained Glass Technique. 

It's actually a simple thing to do. All you need is an embossing folder, markers and a black ink pad. After that you can finish it any way you like. I'm thinking it will look great on a layout, too. 

For my project I used the top row of colors: Pumpkin, Mist and Sapphire. It's not where I thought I'd go with colors from the grid but I love how it turned out. It just goes to show it pays to be flexible in your thinking!


Once you've embossed your cardstock turn it to the side where the image has the low spots. Color those low spots with markers. Don't worry about going out of the low spots with the markers as the black ink will cover that. When you're done coloring take the black ink pad and rub it over the high spots of the design and look at those colors POP! Finish your piece however you like at this point. 


Direct link to Color Dare #600

Have fun!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #techniques

2 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Clean & Simple Look ~ Color Dare #601

Hi and welcome to a new color challenge from the Color Dare Team! This week you have one  "must use" color and one color choice fr...