Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blogtoberfest--Sponging

Welcome to Blogtoberfest!
Stop by often for a month-long feast of tips and ideas!
Click on the Blogtoberfest link in the upper left for 
even more ideas!

Create a really cool background by simply sponging! For this Halloween card I used the colors Creme Brulee, Sunset and Pansy Purple. First, I sponged the Pansy Purple across the bottom. Then I decided where I wanted my setting sun because that would be the brightest area. With this stamp image I thought it would fit best under the 3 bats! I sponged a little bit of Creme Brulee in this area and expanded it across the "horizon". Next it was time to add the Sunset color above and add a touch of Pansy Purple around the edge to complete the look. With sponging you get different depths of color which works well in this case because it gives a cloud effect without much effort at all! The final step was to stamp the image in Black. You could do it the other way too.... stamp the image first and sponge on top of it. Whatever works for you!

One more little tip.... I tied a knot in the ribbon and added two bitty sparkles for eyes to create a bat! I had A LOT of fun making this card!

Michelle


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Michelle!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Corina Mitchell
    www.ScrapboookingINK.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Love that mix of colors in the sky! Great technique, very effective hues for a spooky scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the sponged background. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...