Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Jan. Stamp of the Month

I had a bit of creative time the other day and thought I'd share my efforts. Actually, there wasn't a lot of effort on my part since both designs were "lifted" and that made it easy for me. 

Both cards were made with images from our January Stamp of the Month stamp set: Happy Valentine. It's only available Jan. 1-31, 2013. Check out the link at the end of my post for the January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop for tons of ideas using this stamp set! 

The Happy Valentine's Day card is based on a card in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book! I love the waterfall of color with the scalloped rows of cardstock. I also used a touch of the new Glitter paper! The colors used are Whisper, Slate, Lagoon and Black...on a White Daisy base. 


The Smitten card is based on a card made by Tresa Black. The roses are heat embossed with black pigment ink and clear embossing powder on Juniper cardstock. I love this technique as it really makes the image pop a bit more than just stamping in ink. Tresa sprayed the Gypsy color on the left but I used on of our texture tools to apply the ink instead. It's hard to see in the photo but there really is a nice textured look. Smitten was also embossed like the roses. I love the touch of black tulle just wrapped around the card. It makes such a nice detail. For a bit of sparkle you can see a strip of our new silver Glitter Paper and some dots of Silver Glitz Glitter Gel. Gotta have a bit of sparkle!


There is also a great special going on in January called: Whooo's Your Valentine? With a $35 min. purchase you can get a fabulous kit for only $10! You also get a sneak peek at a couple of new products coming in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book that goes live on Feb. 1, 2013! Check out the link at the end of the post for the blog hop featuring tons of ideas for the Whooo's Your Valentine special! There is a link to a video, too!


Thank you to the artists that inspired my cards! Thank you to YOU for stopping by!

Happy New Year!
Michelle

Jan. Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Whooo's Your Valentine Blog Hop






No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...