Friday, November 8, 2013

Color Dare Time! Buttercup & Sunset

 Hi and welcome to this week's Color My Heart Color Dare! The Dare this week is to use Buttercup and Sunset. These colors are part of the Babycakes paper kit as well.



Here is a card I made using the Love This stamp set. I've been itching to use this set and this seemed like a perfect time! The flowers are embossed with Black pigment ink and clear embossing powder. This gives just a bit of an edge that helps when you're coloring with markers, as I did here. 

There are only two colors in the challenge this week, but I have three flowers that fit the challenge. Hmmmm. I colored the left one with the Buttercup marker. The middle is also colored with a Buttercup marker….the accent shade! The one on the right is colored with a Sunset marker! Our Exclusive ink markers are alcohol based and sold in pairs. You get an accent color with each color you choose! 

Here is a close-up to show some detail. 
You can also see the shading a bit more here. 


All products are Close To My Heart:
Love This
Holiday Tags (Happy Birthday message)
Babycakes paper pack
Black pigment ink
Clear embossing powder & heat tool
Buttercup & Sunset markers
Slate ink & cardstock
Slate Mini Medley(sparkles)
Corner Rounder

Come on and join us in the Color My Heart Color Dare! 
We have a new Color Dare each week!

Happy Crafting!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colouring and really great card design! The challenge this week has made me appreciate the Babycakes paper in a whole different way. The colour combo is unusual and the geometric patterns are so versatile, as your card today shows.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...