Friday, May 16, 2014

Give a Lift and a Color Dare

This Color My Heart color dare has only 2 colors - 
Buttercup and Hollyhock (neutrals are ok, too).
Sometimes that is more of a challenge, sometimes not. You decide!


I love the Give a Lift stamp set. There are two different balloons and a nice selection of messages. Click here to see the whole set. 

I got out my markers and went to work giving some color to the balloon. It's great how the little lines on the image help you know where the shadows are! Oh....I stamped the image in black ink.

Since I already had this piece of cardstock embossed in the chevron pattern, I thought that would make a nice background and kept it a tone on tone look. But I wanted something a bit different than just a regular open for the card. I used a few scraps of cardstock to make a strap to hold the card closed. To open just slide the Hollyhock strap from under the Buttercup piece. It's not a big detail but it makes receiving the card a bit more fun to open.


To hide the other end of the Hollyhock strap and keep it secured to the card, I glued it to the inside of the card. To hide that end just adhere a piece of cardstock over the inside of the card. 


All products are Close To My Heart:
--Cardstock-White Daisy, Hollyhock, Buttercup
--Ink-Hollyhock, Black
--Markers-Hollyhock, Buttercup, Whisper
--Chevron embossing folder*
--Punches-Corner Rounder, Scallop
--Pink Glitter Gems

*Chevron Embossing Folder used with a Cuttlebug

My website is open 24/7 for easy shopping....even in your jammies!

Now click here to check out the Color My Heart blog. You can get all the details on the color dare. This color dare will close Thursday evening and a new one will be posted Friday morning.

Have a Creative Day!
Michelle





2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! I love your little sparkly embellishments on this card. And the little strap closure is so clever!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...