Friday, December 5, 2014

Color Dare #121 - Cranberry and New England Ivy

Welcome to the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge. Each week we post a color dare to get your creativity started. This week the colors are Cranberry and New England Ivy. Neutral colors are also ok.

Here you'll see a card I recreated from a year ago. I made some changes and really like the new and improved version! The patterned paper is from the Yuletide paper pack. I used the light side on the card. The darker side surrounding the card is the flip side!

For the poinsettia I used Cranberry cardstock to cut two each of three sizes (31/2", 21/2", 1-1/2") of the 5 point flower on page 80 of the Cricut Artiste booklet. I also cut one 31/2" flower in New England Ivy for the leaves. Then I ran dry embossed the petals with the Damask folder, inked the edges of the petals then rolled then over a pencil. Using Glue Dots, I layered the petals, offsetting each one from the one below. Glue the poinsettia to the card front and add some Bitty Sparkles to the center. To finish it off. I stamped some holly and a message at the bottom.



All products are Close To My Heart.
--Cricut Artiste Cartridge
--Yuletide paper pack
--Sing Glory stamp set
--Colonial White Cards and Envelopes pack
--Bitty Sparkles
--Ink-Cranberry and New England Ivy
--Glue Dots
--Sponge Daubers
--Damask Embossing Folder
I'd love to be your consultant.

Now check out the ideas our design team is sharing as well as those joining our color dare. Give your creativity a jumpy start and show us your interpretation of the dare! You have until 9:00pm CST on Thursday Dec 11th to join us. Come on....let' have some fun!

Michelle

2 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...