Friday, June 5, 2015

Color Dare # 145 ~ Sunset, Honey, Topiary, Pacifica, Gypsy, White & Kraft

It's Friday and that means another color dare from Color My Heart! This week the colors are Sunset, Honey, Topiary, Pacifica, Gypsy + White and Desert Sand. Whew...that's a lot of colors! Here is what I came up with for this color dare.

Much to my surprise I was out of Desert Sand so I used Kraft instead. All the rest of the colors are featured in the stenciled and sponged background as well as the flowers. 

For the background I used our Cricut Artbooking cartridge to cute a design that became my stencil. I sponged the colors to get the background you see here. It really quite simple....give it a try!

I started with a square piece of White Daisy cs for the flowers. But when I was finished stamping there was too much white space at the top. I lopped off the corners and it seemed much better. The sentiment is popped up on 3D Foam. Oh, I also used the Scallop Border Punch on the bottom of the flower layer.


All products are Close To My Heart:
--Blossom WOTG stamp set
--Cricut Artbooking 
--Inks: Sunset, Honey, Topiary, Pacifica, Gypsy
--Embellishments: Clear Sparkles, Topiary Mini Chevron Ribbon

I'd love to be your consultant!

Feeling creative? There is still time to join us for this color dare! You have until Thursday at 9:00pm CDT to join us. You don't have the exact colors? Do what I did....just use something close! Details on how to join the color dare are in the sidebar on our home page. Come on and join the fun!

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...