Friday, February 26, 2016

Color Dare #182 ~ Hollyhock, Smoothie, Lagoon + White Daisy

Welcome to a new color Dare from the Design Team at Color My Heart
This week our colors are Smoothie, Hollyhock and Lagoon with Black and White. Lagoon is one of my favorite colors so I was happy to dive in and get inky!

There are two ways you could get the stamped look on my card. You could mask a where the sentiment will be and stamp around the mask. I took the quicker, easier way! I simply stamped my flowers across the upper part of the card base, then layered my sentiment piece on top of the flowers. You get a similar look with each technique! With just a touch of the Lagoon for the buds I used that as the mat layers and added some Aqua Dots to accent. Very quick and easy!


All products are Close To My Heart: (click for image)
--Cardstock: White Daisy, Lagoon
--Ink: Hollyhock, Smoothie, Lagoon

Let me know if I can be of any help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now it's your turn to get inky! If you don't have the exact colors use something close. Details on how to join are in the sidebar of our home page. It's easy and a lot of fun! Tell you friend! The more the merrier!


Have fun creating!
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love how you random stamped the flowers behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I haven't random stamped in a while so it was fun to do.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Your personalized random stamping is stunning and love your card, not to mention your selection of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely floral card, Michelle! You make me want to order yet another floral stamp set. Ooh, stampaganza is coming up--perhaps I will do just that. Your card looks wonderful in the color dare challenge colors.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely floral card, Michelle! You make me want to order yet another floral stamp set. Ooh, stampaganza is coming up--perhaps I will do just that. Your card looks wonderful in the color dare challenge colors.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great shortcut to the masking technique! The array of flowers that you stamped look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...