Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mother's Garden Thin Cuts Card


Here is another card using the Thin Cuts technique I showed you the other day. Click here to see that card. This time I got the idea to try several openings for the card front. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Here are the layer sizes:
Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Juniper: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Flower: 5 1/4" x 4"
White: 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" (cut 2)

I first used the Thin Cuts on one of the white pieces. Then I lined up the two white pieces and stamped the images in the cut out spaces. Watercolor pencils were used to color the images and then lightly brushed over with a Water Brush to smooth out the lines and blend the colors.

Next it was time to color the edge around the openings from the Thin Cuts. To do that place the Thin Cut back in the opening and trace around the outside with a journal pen. Remove the Thin Cut and color between the line and the open edge with a marker. For the pink circles I first used a Tender Pink marker. Since it was too bright for the colors in the background paper I went over the circles with a Barely Beige marker to soften the pink.

Now I simply used adhesive to glue the two white pieces together. Then I put all the layers on the card base. I added a couple of Clear Sparkles at the end for an accent.




Inside of card


All products are Close To My Heart
  • Stamp Set: Mother's Garden
  • Thin Cuts: Oval, Circle
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Juniper
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Gimme Some Sugar
  • Exclusive Inks: Archival Black
  • Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Water Brush, Journal Pen, Tombow Adhesive
  • Embellishments: Clear Sparkles, White Shimmer Trim, Enchantment Ribbon Pack
  • Shin Han Markers: Tender Pink, Barely Beige, Vivid Green
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

I hope this inspired you to get your Thin Cuts out to play!
Thanks for stopping by. Come back often for more inspiration.

Have a great day!
Michelle

#closetomyheart #cardmaking #thincuts #showandtellwithmichelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...