Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Glittery Flowers


I saw something like this on Pinterest and just had to give it a try. It's not a lot like the version I saw because I adapted the general idea to our Close To My Heart products. But I love the way it turned out and wanted to share with you!

This is a standard size card (4.25" x 5.5") with a smaller layer of 3.75" x 5". The gold glitter paper is slipped under the edge of the top layer which is popped up a bit with foam tape. So on to the flowers!

I stamped the flowers in a light color of ink so it was more of a shadow. I just wanted enough of an image so I could see where to paint with the shimmer brush. Honestly, it took about 3 coats of the shimmer brush until I like what I saw and it looked nice. That's it! There is a matching solid stamp if you want to do a two-step stamped image, but I only used the detail image. I used the large image in the corner with a small image on either side.
For the Gold Glitter paper corners I started with a square of about 2.5". I then cut out a smaller square  out of that piece leaving a 1/2" edge that I used for my corner decoration.

The gold is carried out with the sentiment and the gems, too! The sentiment Thin Cut is retired but you could use any sentiment you like! 



All products are Close To My Heart
  • Stamp Set: Beautiful Friendship - Scrapbooking
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter
  • Exclusive Inks: Linen
  • Thin Cuts: Hello & Thanks (retired)
  • Embellishments: Gold Shimmer Brush, Gold Glitter Gems
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you don't have a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Go ahead and give this technique a try! It's fun and creates a beautiful look!

Have a fun day!
Michelle

#closetomyheart #showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #craftingtechniques

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...