Friday, March 1, 2019

Love Blossoms ~ Color Dare #332




The Color My Heart Color Dare Design Team is challenging  you to use colors seen in this photo to the right to create any paper craft you like. The only "rule" for this challenge is not to add any colors not seen in the photo. 

This challenge is open through 
Thursday March 14th







The Irish side of me immediately started thinking about a shamrock type of card, but then I decided that I wanted to really challenge myself. Our current special is the stamp set you kind of see in the photo. It's called Love Blossoms and is a double set of images and sentiments! It's availible as part of a workshop kit or stamp set alone. Love Blossoms is only available through March so don't wait -- get your's now.  

Love Blossoms was the perfect choice for what I had in mind so I got to work making this card. I stamped the images in Intense Black ink then added color with the coordinating flower stamps. The leaves were colored using ink from the lid of the stamp pad and a water brush. After that I trimmed the width of the white cardstock a bit so the leaves would stick out over the mat layers. To do this I carefully cut to the edge of the leaves using my paper trimmer then finished it with scissors. I love this look! 

I layered it all on a card base, added some glitter brush to the flower center (black) and on the petals (clear), stamped a sentiment and added a few black dots. 







Love Blossoms - only available through March






























Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Love Blossoms (available only through March 31st)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black, Clover, Nectarine
  • Exclusive Ink: Intense Black, Nectarine, Clover, Canary
  • Tools: Shimmer Brush (Black, Clear), Water Brush
  • Black and White Dots
Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

This is the point where I hand it off to you! Pick colors from the photo at the top of this post and create any paper craft. Full details are in the post on the Color My Heart Color Dare home page. We can't wait to see what you create! 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #loveblossoms

3 comments:

  1. Love that you used Love Blossoms for this challenge. Your card is beautiful with that triple mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color combination is fabulous! I would not have thought to use those colors together but I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty flower, CAS and love the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...