Friday, July 12, 2019

Pinwheel Card ~ Color Dare #351



Welcome to the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge.
Each Friday our Design Team challenges you to create any paper craft using a special palette of colors picked for the color dare challenge.

We reference Close to My Heart colors but you are welcome to use whatever brand you have as long as you can make a very close match.  DO NOT add any brand new colors to the palette though.

Our Tic Tac Toe challenge works just like the game. Pick colors in a row, column, diagonal or use them all! You can even just pick and choose as long as all your colors come from the grid. Black and White are free to use with the grid colors.

Create any paper craft you like; cards, scrapbook layouts, home decor, etc. Have fun and you can find full details on our home page.

Black & White are FREE colors




Here is a card I made using all the colors in the grid.  Using all the colors was easy because I picked a paper pattern from the Craft On paper pack that had all the colors! Easy Peasy! I decided to go with an angle style with the pattern paper for a bit of drama and outlined it with the silver paper. The Pinwheel is popped up just a bit with Thin 3D Foam Tape. I LOVE that stuff! Now if you look carefully you'll notice the ribbon comes in white but on my card it's yellow. This ribbon lets you dye it any color you like. I simply used a sponge and the ink pad to make it yellow. At the end I used our Clear Shimmer Brush to paint the pinwheel.


Here are a couple photos showing the inside of the card and the shimmer on the pinwheel.

        


Here are a couple photos of the Craft On-Cardmaking Set and the Craft On papers.


Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Craft On-Cardmaking
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Pattern Paper: Craft On
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Bluebird, Lemon
  • Specialty Paper: Silver
  • Embellishments: Sparkles-Clear, Bitty, White Ribbon
  • Tools: Clear Shimmer Brush, Sponge, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Have I got your creative juices flowing with my example for this color challenge? I hope so because we over at Color My Heart Color Dare love seeing what you create! Go on...... get busy creating! 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love the angle choice with the shimmer trim. Sweet friendship card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the angle with the silver shimmer trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contemplated purchasing this stamp and die set... the more I see it used, the more I want it! Love the angle you used on your card set off with the shimmer trim and that sentiment is perfect. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment and such pretty paper and design. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this print in the paper pack. Such a bright happy card to go with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...