Sunday, December 1, 2019

Reindeer Crossing Blog Hop ~ Dec 2019 SOTM

Welcome to our monthly hop featuring the Stamp of the Month! This month we have a beautiful stamp set called Reindeer Crossing and I know you're going to love it!

I have been having so much fun with the Build a Plaid stamp set and felt it would be a great match with the smaller images in the Reindeer Crossing set. I went to work making the plaid background using a red and green horizontal with black vertical plaid. HINT: when using more than one color in the same direction I place the stamps on the same block first. So I placed the stamps fore the green and red on the same block. The I removed the stamp I wanted to be red. I inked up in green and stamped lining up the edge of the block with the edge of the cardstock and stamped my way across. Then I want back to the stamp I wanted red and stamped in between the green images. Finally, I put a couple more stamps on the block, inked in black and stamped to complete the plaid.

Next I cut some ovals with my Cricut. I kept them the same size so I could just offset the ovals for a little different layering look. When I stamped the deer image I inked in black then pulled the stamp across the ink pad a bit to get a bit of a smeared look. I added the branch colored with markers and a ribbon knot. For the Merry Christmas I stamped in black then washed with a Shimmer Brush and there you go!




Build a Plaid
       





December Stamp of the Month - Reindeer Crossing  




Close To My Heart products also used for the card
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: Black, White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Candy Apple, Evergreen
  • Tri-Blend Markers: Jade Green, Earth Brown
  • Cricut: Art Philosophy
  • Embellishments: Red Shimmer trim, Black Velvet ribbon, Mint Shimmer Brush
  • Glue Dots
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #cricut





No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...