Friday, February 7, 2020

Happy Card ~ Tic Tac Toe Color Dare #380

The challenge this week from Color My Heart Color Dare is to use our Tic Tac Toe grid for your colors. Pick them like you would the game by row column or diagonal OR use them all! DO NOT add any extra colors to the grid. We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. "Close enough" doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like and link to our home page.

My card was inspired by Jen Rubio (JenRubio.us). I loved the sponged background for the flowers as another example of how to add color without coloring! I did change the colors of my card to go with the ones in the Tic Tac Toe grid. I used the top row: Raspberry, Lagoon and Ballerina.

The sponged area was made with a stencil I made with Thin Cut dies. I kept the part you usually toss and used it to sponge the colors. After that I stamped the bouquet and added some Stickles to the flower center, along the edge and by the ribbon knot.

By the way, this stamp set is called Cherishing Her and is our February Stamp of the Month. If you're not familiar with our Stamp of the Month program it works like this. We have one exclusive stamp set for the month and you can only get it the month it's featured. You can also get the stamp set at a discount with a qualifying order! Full details are on my website.







Close To My Heart products
  • Stamp Set: Cherishing Her (only available Feb. 1-29th)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Mix-ins
  • Cardstock:White Daisy, Ballerina, Lagoon
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Raspberry, Ballerina
  • Thin Cuts: Stitched Brackets
  • Embellishments: Black Velvet Ribbon, Black Diamond Stickles
  • Tools: Round Sponge
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team.

Be sure to follow me on my blog, Pineterest and Facebook so you keep up with the great ideas!

Now it's your turn to create and share using the Tic Tac Toe grid of colors. We LOVE seeing what you create! 

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning card. I love how you've added colour without colouring. Sponging is such a pretty way to add it. Love that thin cut shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background with the flowers in the black with the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am excited to try this way of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the technique you used on your coloring your floral...cool and very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the retro style of your card Michelle and the stamp is perfect for this technique. LOVING all the gorgeous colours on the tic tac toe chart! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...