Monday, March 9, 2020

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Take a look at this fun sketch from our design team at Atlantic Hearts! At first this sketch intimidated me a bit with all those stripes. But then the light bulb went off!  Once I saw the stripes as waves of water and sky I was ready to create! I tore the edge of the water and sand stripes to resemble waves flowing onto a beach. The sky stripes I left as solid pieces. The cardstock was used on both the actual color side and the lighter side to create layers of color.

Next I stamped three whales and tucked them into the waves. The hearts are covered with a shimmer brush and the waves are accented with Stickles. A frame made with a Thin Cut die finished it off as if you're looking out the window! I left the inside blank so I can customize a message later.






Close-up of the torn cardstock and wave accents.

Close To My Heart products used on this card
  • Stamp Set: Seas the Day + Thin Cuts (Cardmaking Workshop Kit)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Toffee, glacier, Lagoon, Carolina, Black
  • Exclusive Inks: Pewter, Ruby
  • Thin Cut Die: Stitched Rectangles
  • Embellishments: Cool Mint Stickles, Red Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Journal Pen
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

What do you think about this sketch? Give it some thought and show us what it makes you see. I wan't wait to see your interpretation! have fun!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #atlanticheartssketchchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

First Stampin Up Card!

 As today is my first day as a Demonstrator for Stampin Up I created this pretty card to share. Using the fun Fractured Technique I love eas...