Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Happy Card ~ Freshly Made Sketches Challenge

When I saw this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches I new I had to make some time for my craft room. You can use it in so many ways and I chose to turn the design and  make a top fold card.

The stamp set is one of our current specials for April called Love These People. There are many different bundles that are part of the special, too. Click here to see the collection. Be sure to check it out!

I used a piece of the paper with the black stripes because I knew I wanted to keep with the pink and black color theme. There are even little dots of pink on the paper! I added a black piece of cardstock to finish that edge and to make the pink flowers stand out even more. Some splashes of shimmer on the top add a nice touch as do the black dots. The sentiment was stamped on white with the top edge rubbed on the stamp pad for an edge. The bottom was stamped.

The flowers were colored with our TriBlend Markers. These markers come with 3 saves of one color which make blending a breeze! I started the flowers with the light color, added some highlights with the medium color and just a bit more highlight with the dark color. Then to blend all three colors together I colored the flower all over again in the light color. The flower centers were done with Stickles. The center flower is popped up a bit with some foam tape.




Freshly Made Sketches #420

Close To My Heart products used for this card
  • Stamps: Love These People, A Little Sentiment, Sentiments & Stitches
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: These Are My People
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Sage, Pixie
  • TriBlend Markers: Bright Pink, Light Green
  • Embellishments: Black & White Dots
  • Tools: Raspberry Shimmer Brush, Black Diamond Stickles, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

So if you're inspired to create with this sketch go for it! It's easier when you already start with a design! Have fun.

Be sure to sign up to my blog, facebook page, pinterest, etc. Click on the tab at the top of the page for those links. You know you don't want to miss any great ideas!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #sketchchallenge

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and such a gorgeous take on the sketch. Your trio of flowers are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...