Monday, August 10, 2020

Copper Embossed Card ~ Atlantic Hearts Challenge #381

How abut a new sketch from our Design Team at Atlantic Hearts? Having a sketch to get you started can make the rest of your project go fast and easy! Let's get started!

The other day I was looking through Pinterest and came across a color combo I would never have considered. Shame on me! The colors were copper and teal. I LOVE teal so I thought about it and decided to give this combo a try!

Our CTMH paper called Peacock is a teal and absolutely beautiful! It's my favorite of our 40 colors. I also have Copper Tinsel embossing powder so I was in business! I decided this sketch was perfect for what I had in mind and got busy.

I embossed the flowers image from Gnome Matter and a sentiment from Say It in Style. Then I got stuck on what to use as an embellishment on the banner. Everything else I had was gold or silver but no copper. Then the light bulb clicked on! I have used our Black and White Dots as is or colored with our markers but I had never embossed them before. Well today was the day!

First I moved the Dot to a scrap piece of cardstock and lightly set it there. Then I took our Broad Tip Embossing Pen and colored all over the Dot. After sprinkling on the Copper Tinsel Powder and tapping off the excess, I set the powder with my heat tool. It looked perfect and I'm so happy I gave it a try! After that I placed it on the banner and it looks SO pretty!

It was a bit tricky to photo the card and get both the cardstock color and the embossing to show properly. The first photo shows the cardstock color better and the second being a close-up shows the embossing better.









Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge


Z3741 Gnome Matter

D1283 Say It in Style
Other Close To My heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: X9017 Mix-in
  • Cardstock: Peacock
  • Embossing: VersaMark Pad, Copper Tinsel Powder, Heat Tool
  • Black and White Dots
  • Embossing Pen: Broad Tip
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest but clicking the Tabs in the Header.

I hope this project inspires you to give our sketch a try! I know you'll have a lot of fun and we love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #atlanticheartschallenge #cardmaking #sketchchallenge

2 comments:

  1. I love this, so pretty! I love embossing but rarely do it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. https://www.scrapmetalsydney.com/

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...