Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Fun Fish Card for Heart 2 Heart Photo Inspiration

I had a bit of extra time today and decided to use it to create a card to enter into the Heart 2 Heart Photo Inspiration Challenge.  The design really spoke to me right away and I started thinking about how I would use that design in my project.

I envisioned the design as a water scene with a colorful fish below and a sunny sky above. I only used one fish but stamped a bunch of bubbles to make it seems like a school of fish was swimming by! The sun is popped up with some thin foam tape for some added dimension. 

At this point I liked what I had done but needed something in the sky besides the sun. I found an image that could work as a cloud and stamped it in a light color to suggest clouds. Then I outlined the images to give it more of a cloud look...and some sparkle. I also painted the fish and bubbles with a bit of shimmer, too.




Close up to see the shimmer on the fish, waves and clouds.


Inside of card

Retires August 31, 2020


Retires August 31, 202
The small oval-is shape on the right is the one I used for the clouds.

Other products used to make this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Paper Pack: Summer Vibes
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Carolina
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Glacier, Mint, Lilac, Lemonade
  • TriBlend Markers: Ice Blue, Lavender, Light Yellow
  • Stickles - Diamond
  • Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd rather BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Before you go........ be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the left column. You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook by using the tabs in the header.

I hope my card inspires you to go check out Heart 2 Heart and join the challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking

2 comments:

  1. Great card, I love that little fishy! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love your take on the photo inspiration! How clever you are with those clouds. Thank you fo playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Floral ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #575

 Welcome to a new sketch challenge from our team at Atlantic Hearts. Here is a fun slimline sketch that I know you'll love to create wit...