Friday, September 4, 2020

Red, White & Blue Challenge ~ Color Dare #410

 Once I came up with this idea I was anxious to put it together because I knew it would be perfect for our Color Dare Challenge! I've made a few of these mandala designs in different color combos and love how this Red, White & Blue design turned out. 

The pattern is from Jennifer Maker. She shared not one but four FREE patterns! I love each one and decided this one would work the best with this color challenge. It kind of reminds me of the patriotic banners you see draped around during the 4th of July. 

I uploaded the pattern to my Cricut and got busy deciding colors for the layers. There are 14 of them! Once I had the colors in place I sized it to my shadow box frame which is 9" x 9". There are 8 white layers, 4 red and 2 blue. The top white layer was cut from White Glitter paper and adds a nice subtle sparkle to the project.

As long as you keep the layers in the right order it's an easy project. No stamping involved this time....just cardstock layers......many cardstock layers. Haha! With 40 cardstock colors and many shades of specialty papers the combinations are endless for a project like this! I'll be sharing my other mandala combinations soon so keep an eye out!





Before you go........ be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link to follow by email is in the left column. You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook by clicking the tabs in the header.

Now it's your turn to create and share! Make any paper craft you like using Red, White & Blue. You can also use Black, Gold, Silver and Neutrals (greys and browns). Have fun and link to our Color My Heart Color Dare home page to join the challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #colorchallenge

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the glitter paper on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this Michelle! You have a great deal of patience to put together 14 layers. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love all the layers. This die was made for this color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning work of art. I love how it fits the Colour Dare challenge artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love this! I love this!! So pretty and so intricate. I was wondering how you did this? I am going to have to fire up my Cricut and play! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...