Monday, November 9, 2020

Double Trouble + Atlantic Hearts Challenge

 Welcome back for another pairing with Double Trouble and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Last Monday there was a challenge with these two great groups. Today we have a new sketch to work with! 

Want to see the challenge from last week? Click here.  Let's get started on the challenge for this week!

I love how this card turned out! The browns aren't usually what I gravitate to but in this case I love it! The flowers were stamped in black and colored with markers. Notice the stitching on the flowers and the frames. That's the Double Trouble requirement for having stitches! The flowers were cut out with the coordinating Thin Cuts dies making it super easy!

The rest of the card went together quickly. The wood grain background keeps that rustic and earthy feel going. I love the pop of glitter behind the flowers because...... well.... glitter! I used a journal pen to add a stitched line around the banner which mimics the lines of the flowers. Since the flowers are layered on the glitter paper I popped them up with a bit of Thin 3D Foam Tape plus it sticks to the glitter paper really well.

The flower center is gold Stickles plus a few dots around the hearts. I added na couple little wood hearts just for fun and "painted" them with Gold Shimmer. 









Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Stamp Set: Swirly Happy Birthday 
  • Paper Pack: Wood Grain
  • Specialty Paper: Desert Rose Glitter Paper
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Cinnamon
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Cinnamon, Lagoon
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Circle Shaker Window
  • TriBlend Markers: Jade Green, Golden Brown, Burnt Orange
  • Embellishments: Stickles Golden Rod, Wood Hearts, Gold Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Journal Pen, Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a Maker I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE A MAKER I'd love to have you on my team!


Want to earn 15% shopping credit on your order plus other exclusive benefits? 
Click here to see about our new VIP Customer Program

Before you go........be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss out on any great ideas! Use the link in the right column to follow me by e-mail. You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest.

Be sure to check out Double Trouble and their fun challenge along with Atlantic Hearts! Both will get your creative Mojo going in no time!

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle


#showandtellwithmichelle #doubletrouble #atlanticheartschallenge #cardmaking 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...