Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Riding Lessons Layout

 I had fun making this layout of my grandson at riding lessons. Here he is on a pony named Violet. He is loving this new experience!

For the layout I started by choosing colors from the photo for my papers. Espresso, Sapphire and Fern were they way to go along with some wood pattern paper in browns. Using a pattern from one of our How-to books I got started! 

This pattern was so quick and easy it almost made itself! haha  After I had the papers cut and on the layout I  realized I had a lot of space to fill and I only had one photo that was 4" x 6".  One way to take care of that was to mat the photo with larger mats to make it look bigger! The final size with mats is 5" x 7" which turned out to be perfect!

I used me Cricut to cut the title and do the journal piece and roughed up the edges of the mat. The dots you see are Stickles Glitter Glue to give it a look like nails. Did you notice the spatters on the background? I did that by tapping a shimmer brush on my finger. It gives a nice look to "fill in" empty space without actually filling it in!




Wood Grain Paper Packet

Other Close To My Heart products used for this layout.
  • How-to Book: Make It from Your Heart, Vol. 3, Pat. 3
  • Cardstock: Espresso, Sapphire, Black, Fern
  • Paper Pack: Bloom with Grace
  • Specialty Paper: Black Glitter Paper
  • Stickles Black Diamond Glitter Glue, Desert Rose Shimmer Brush

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Floral ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #575

 Welcome to a new sketch challenge from our team at Atlantic Hearts. Here is a fun slimline sketch that I know you'll love to create wit...