Monday, April 12, 2021

Cute Dog Card ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

 HELLO! It's time for another fun sketch from the Design Team at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! We start you off with a sketch and you get to pick all the other details of your project. You can rotate, flip, turn, reverse the sketch....whatever you like as long as we can still see the sketch design in your project.

I made a card for this sketch and decided to use this adorable dog stamp. I was inspired by a card made by Allisa of Rocky Mountain Papercrafts and it worked very well for our sketch, too! Since the stamp image is so large (4" x 5 1/4") I looked over the image carefully to decide which area I wanted to use because I only needed a small portion for the sketch. I used washi tape to secure the die to the image so it wouldn't move during cutting. 

Once cut I got busy coloring in the smaller image. Those pups are just too cute, aren't they! I spattered the top of the card with a couple shimmer brushes, stamped some paw prints an added some Dots.  THEN I remembered the sketch showed a sentiment was to be on the focal layer. So after thinking a bit I came up with the idea to stamp the "arf" image a couple times and pop it up with some foam tape at the top of the layered area. Problem solved...and it's cute, too!


Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge




Let's Paw-ty Stamp Set

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack -- this is a GREAT deal!
  • Paper Pack: Daisy Meadow
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Peacock
  • TriBlend Makers: Blends: Earth Brown, Tan, Ice blue, Brown Grey, Ice Grey, Gold Yellow, Shades: Pale Pink, Blue Turquoise
  • Thin Cut Dies: Stitched Square Brackets
  • Shimmer Brush: Flamingo, Peacock
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 


Refer a friend to join my VIP Customers! When they sign up using your CODE they get $10 in CTMH Cash PLUS the $25 sign up CTMH Cash!



APRIL SPECIAL



When your friend signs up using your CODE number then YOU get and extra $10 in CTMH Cash! You can find your code number when you log in on my website and go to Account. 







Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking  #ctmh #atlanticheartssketchchallenge

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love how you took a huge stamp and trimmed it down--it makes the stamp much more versatile! Very clever!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card! You totally made it your own, but thanks so much for the mention! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...