Sunday, August 15, 2021

Anything Goes - August Technique Blog Hop

 Welcome to our monthly Technique Blog Hop! On the 15th of the month our talented group of Makers showcase a different technique. This month it's Anything Goes so you are going to see all kinds of techniques on this hop!

The blog before mine belongs to Jayma Malme. It's one big circle so just click the link in each post to go to the next blog. Sit back and get ready to be WOW'd!

For my technique I decided to do some background stenciling on a slimline card. I love these flowers but just didn't feel like all that coloring. Instead I added color by stenciling. It's not a lot of color but just enough to feel like the flowers have some color. I cut the stencil with my Cricut using one of the overlay pattern. The ink was sponged onto the cardstock with a random sort of pattern for the ink. 

I also used the masking technique on the flowers. I stamped the flowers on scrap paper then cut them out. Laying the mask on top of the stamped flower allows you to stamp another flower so it looks like it's partially behind the masked flower. 

Adding some touches of sparkle with glitter paper really stepped up the look! I love a card with sparkle!





Isabella - Scrapbooking Stamp Set + Thin Cuts

Isabella - Cardmaking Stamp Set + Thin Cuts

Other Close To My Heart products used on this card.
  • Slimline Cards and Envelopes Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black, Desert Rose
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Desert Rose
  • Specialty Paper: Desert Rose
  • Cricut
  • Sparkles: Clear, Bitty
  • Thin 3D Foam Tape
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's time to hop over to see the goodies Melissa Robinson has to share with us.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #techniquebloghop

5 comments:

  1. Love the subtle use of the overlay to add color. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the texture on PART of the card! I would have never thought to do that and love that it contains a splash of color with the black and white!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...