Friday, January 28, 2022

Sawyer Card ~ Color Dare #481

 As we close out January we're challenging you to use the color Yellow for your project. Use Shades of Yellow (black, white & Gold are free) on any paper craft you like. Do not add any extra colors so be careful if you're creating for more than one challenge.

When you're ready to join our challenge use the link in our blog post on our home page.

Yellow is not a color I work with very often. I gravitate to the cool side of the color palette so this challenge pushed me outside of my box. It's good to do that every so often!

I decided to go dramatic with the colors of yellow, black and gold. I sprayed the black cardstock background with Gilt Gloss Spray. I also splattered some of it, too. I like the combo of the mist and the splatters. 

For the butterflies I used the stamp set and Thin Cut Dies from the Sawyer Cardmaking Workshop. Since I planned to use a marker to color the images I stamped with Intense Black Ink on Shortbread cardstock. I added more color to the images with a Lt. Yellow Blend TriBlend Marker. The body of the butterfly is colored with Gold Shimmer Brush as are the little tags at the bottom. It's really hard to photo so look carefully. 

The black frame around the  card was cut with a die from the Stitched Rectangles Thin Cut set. Two of the butterflies are popped up with Thin 3D Foam Tape and a little Gold Glitter Gem was placed over the hole for the little tags.



X254 White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack
This is a GREAT DEAL! You get 50 standard size cards and envelopes  in the pack! You'll always have cards on hand with this deal!

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to pick your colors and create something to share. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty with the reverse butterflies and all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s very easy to go over the top with yellow so I like how you’ve kept it subtle here. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card... butterfly goes with anything and everything.. love the way you layered the shimmery card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glitter frame you used for your pretty yellow butterflies... pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold frame and your butterflies! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow is not a colour I would choose very often- but this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Michelle! I'm loving how shiny it is.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...