Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Creative with Cardstock

This month Close To My Heart is offering a wonderful special on our cardstock! So of course our group of Makers just had to host a blog hop showing you the many ways to use cardstock in your porjects!

The hop is one big circle so just click the link in each post to hop to the next blog. For reference, the blog before mine is Katy Taylor. You can also click here for a list of all participating Makers.

I decided to make a piece of home decor and love how it turned out. The use of colored cardstock is minimal yet it makes a huge impact on the overall finished look. 

Honestly I kind of messed up this project when I first started it. So in the hopes of saving it I got creative and I'm happy I did. I printed the saying with my Cricut on White Daisy cardstock and splattered it with Gold Shimmer Brush. Then I matted it with Raspberry and Black cardstock to bring in the colors from the flowers. Without the matting it would look so bland and plain. However, that narrow pop of color draws your eyes to the saying and then to the flowers and becomes an important element of the design!

I fussy cut some extra petals and added them with foam tape for a 3D effect. I also added some Stickles for flower centers and around the flowers. 





With the Cardstock Carnival there are many ways to stock up! There are bundles and individual color packs. You can even get a bundles of ALL the colors! You seriously need to check this out! Click here to see what it's all about!

Cardstock Carnival Special
Check out all the options!

Close To My Heart products used for this project.
  • Stamp Set: D2078 Sawyer Scrapbooking Stamp Set
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Black, Raspberry
  • Exclusive Inks: Raspberry, Lagoon, Nectarine, Clover
  • Embellishments: Stickles: Black Diamond, Glisten, Shimmer Brush: Gold, Mint
  • Tools, thin 3D Foam Tape, Journal Pen (to color in the letters)
Next up is the blog of Lauren Moore . Have fun on the hop and enjoy all the great ideas!

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

9 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...