Friday, April 1, 2022

Classic Truck ~ Color Dare #490

 Welcome to a new color challenge from our Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare. For this challenge you use shades of brown + ONE color of your choice. Black, white and gold are free to use. 

Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join the challenge use the link in the post on our home page.

I used several shades of brown for my card design. My one color is Rosemary which can be seen in the torn cardstock and roof of the truck. 

The truck was stamped in Intense Black Exclusive ink so it wouldn't bleed when I used our TriBlend Markers to color the image. You can see the marker colors I used in the photo. The Vintage Blue marker isn't really a blue tone. It looks very much like our Rosemary color. I used the mid tone of the marker. With having 3 tone of the color in each marker you can get a great blended look for your images. I also used the Blender Marker on the truck. The name is misleading because it doesn't "blend" the colors but removes some of the color. That's how I got the highlighted look on the truck with the light would make the color lighter.

I tore the cardstock to reveal the white core and give the impression of driving down a forested road. A white gel pen was used for the lines in the road. The truck is popped up with some Thin 3D Foam Tape for show some dimension.  A sentiment and some Gold Glitter Gems finished the look!


Inside of card

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's your turn to pick your colors and create something to share. We can't wait to see what you make!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Michelle. I love the earthy tones with the rustic truck and the pop of rosemary colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of the truck! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created the rustic truck to look so realistic. The colour choice of the touch of green/rosemary is a perfect touch with the browns.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Cute Border Card ~ Color Dare #598

Today I'm sharing a fun border card  that is simple to make with some Thin Cut dies. Using the Pink, Green Yellow theme from our Color D...