Friday, July 22, 2022

Lighthouse Card ~ Color dare #506

Welcome to a new Color Dare Challenge! This one uses a photo as our color inspiration. With all the beautiful colors and shades in this photo I know you'll have fun creating!

When you're ready to join the challenge use the link in the post on our home page. Don't use any colors you can't see in the photo. Free colors to use are Black, white, grey and Silver. The free colors don't count as part of the "use at least 3 colors".

I loved the look of the  photo SO much I just had to create a sunset look myself! I love sunsets! The perfect stamp set for this is Ahoy There (link below).  I got out my Distress Oxide inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Pickled Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Mermaid Lagoon & Peacock Feathers), Mini Blending Tools and got busy creating that sunset! Honestly, this one was my second try. Don't be afraid to keep trying! After I had the colors blended I spritzed with some water to activate the ink and get that mottled look. 

Next up was the lighthouse. I stamped then die cut with the coordinating Thin Cut dies. Those dies make it SO easy! Using the Free color of Grey I shaded the lighthouse and rocks with a TriBlend Ice Grey Marker to give some dimension. I also popped up the lighthouse with some Thin Foam Tape. That one simple step can add a lot!

Once done stamping I added a Bitty Sparkle for the light and some Clear Shimmer Brush for the water. It looks like the glisten from the setting sun, doesn't it! To make a horizon I used a palette knife, ran the edge across the ink pad then rubbed a line where I wanted the horizon.




Color My Heart Color Dare



Inside of card

Z8024 Ahoy There + Thin Cuts
Look at all these great images! 

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #scrapbooking #colormyheartcolordare


9 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful sunset. I love your choice of stamps and sentiments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Michelle. Love the colours and the lighthouse. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sponged background using the colors. Wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the same problem, the first attempt wasn't what you wanted. It would be fun to see what you did with your first attempt, trash or stash. Your second attempt is so pretty and the spritzing and foam tape to the llight house was a plus for texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that the background takes center stage & the icons are neutral. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...