Sunday, July 10, 2022

Technique Artwork Showcase: Glitter Paper/Shimmer Trim

Welcome to our monthly Technique Artwork Showcase (#ctmhallthatglitters)! Each month we feature a technique for you to enhance your skills or remind you of something you know. This month we're featuring techniques on using Glitter Paper or Shimmer Trim. There is SO much you can do so be sure to check out the album on our Artwork Showcase FB page! You can join the fun and add your project to the album, too!

I decided to use our new sunflower stamp set so I stamped with our Exclusive Ink: Intense Black. I stamped on Cardstock: Sundance, Evergreen and used TriBlend Markers to color: Lt, Yellow Blend, Coral Blend, Jade Green Blend and Jade Green Shades.

Now that my sunflower was stamped and colored I turned my focus to the Glitter Paper! I used Mocha for the flower center be stamping on the back of the Glitter Paper and fussy cutting it out. I created a background with Capri and Evergreen Glitter Papers. I matched up the edges and used the Thin Cut die (seen below) to create a sky and ground look. This was adhered to a card front from our Cards & Envelopes Value Pack (this is a great deal).

Because it's hard to use tape type adhesives on Glitter Paper I popped up the flower & stem with Thin Foam Tape.  For the sentiment I did use some Tombow Liquid Glue since it was directly on the Glitter Paper.

Be sure to check out the other ways to use Glitter Paper by going to our Technique Artwork Showcase album. #ctmhallthatglitters





Z8038 Sunflower Thoughts


Z3681 Stitched Lattice 
Background Thin Cut


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #techniqueartworkshowcase #ctmhallthatglitters


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Masculine Card

 How about a masculine style card? Well here is a good one for you. Plus, if you change out the colors it will be fine for a gal card, too. ...