Friday, September 2, 2022

Split Circles Cards ~ Color Dare #512

 Friday is a fun day! It means a new Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge! This challenge is about picking at least 3 of the 5 colors in the grid below. DO NOT add any extra colors, especially if you're combining challenges. We are giving you some free colors to use with the grid colors: Black, White, Browns and Gold. 

I decided to use Lagoon, Glacier, Wisteria and Desert Rose for my project. I've been seeing the Split Circles again and remembered how fun it is to make. So I got out my Thin Cut Circles and got busy. 

Once I cut my circles I needed to decide how to layer them. You can center, line up left or line up right. I decided to mix mine up since I was making two cards.  So to get started I grabbed a couple card bases from our White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack. This is a GREAT deal! You'll always be ready to make a card with this on hand.





Color My Heart Color Dare

For the first card I lined up both half circles on the left. Since I was using a banner across the middle I left a gap for the banner to cover. This makes the circles now looks like ovals! I added a pop of color in the corners. the Clear Sparkles were colored with a Triblend Marker (Blue Turquoise Blend) to keep the color theme going. The banner is popped up with some Foam Tape.


For my second card I lined up one hand circle on the left and the other half circle on the right. When you place them on the card line up the middle color to create a flourish look. Again I left a gap between the circles for the banner to cover. This lets you see more of the circles. This time the banner is Glitter Paper (Desert Rose). I also die cut a small circle for the sentiment. Both the banner and sentiment circle are popped up with Foam Tape. For the Clear Sparkles this time I colored them with a Purple Blend Marker.


Circles Thin Cuts
Backyard Bliss
Cardmking

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart

7 comments:

  1. Love the "hello" configuration. I've tried this idea but am never happy with the results. The little peek of Desert Rose on the top card is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see alternative uses for the circle dies. Great cards Michelle. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the circles and split them!! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really love the first card on how you used the circle dies to create the wave of color... unigue and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Michelle. The split circle technique is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...