Friday, December 16, 2022

Sweet Card ~ Color Dare #527

This challenge from our Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare is a simple and fun one. We give you FOUR colors (you must use at least 3 of them) and a bunch of FREE colors to add to the mix (see the fine print on the graphic for details).

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count and could disqualify your entry. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join the challenge use the link in the post on our home page.

I decided I'd go simple with my design. Using a small flower from the stamp set below I stamped and fussy cut our the flower and leaves. Exclusive Inks colors used are: Wisteria, Mulberry, Sage and Pine. 

The card was created using a card base from our White Cards & Value Pack. This is a wonderful item to have at your fingertips! The White Daisy cardstock was used  for the rest of the card. Specialty Paper: Pine Glitter was used for the sparkly circle. Keep reading for more details!




Nesting two of the Circles Thin cuts created the "ring" of Glitter Paper I needed for my card design. 










                     

A Blending Brush to add a soft bit of Mulberry Ink to the background. This "grounds" the image so it doesn't look like it's just floating in the air.  The glitter circle is glued around the flower. The top cardstock layer also has the larger circle cut than is layered on top with Foam Tape after the outer edges were distressed with the edge of my scissors. The large flower was popped up on Foam Tape and a Bitty Sparkle was placed in the flower center as well as around the sentiment.

Inside of card

Look at all these beautiful flowers, leaves and sentiments in this stamp set! The possibilities are endless! 

D2122 Floral Sentiments


Z3943 Circles Thin Cuts

Now it's your turn to create and share! We can't wait to see what you make!


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#ctmh #showandtellwithmichelle #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking 


8 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...