Friday, February 17, 2023

Stamping Foam Card ~ Color Dare #536

 Welcome to our new Color Dare Challenge..... our popular Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. After that you can use other colors in the grid....you can even use them all if you like. What you can't do is add colors that are not in the grid. See the graphic below for the fine print about the challenge.

We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Kind of close doesn't count. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge click here for the direct link to Color Dare #536.

I chose the middle column of colors: Mist, Mulberry, Wisteria. I am featuring Stamping Foam in my February Classes so thought I'd share here, too. Stamping Foam is so much fun and creates a different twist on images. Here I paired the Stamping Foam with an Embossing Folder to get this look. 

Warm up the Stamping Foam with your Heat Tool then press it on the Embossing Folder and hold for a bit to get a good imprint. Now you can ink it up and stamp the image. For my card I actually imprinted both sides of the embossing folder on my foam.... one on each side of the foam. This gave me the positive and negative versions of the pattern. 

I used Exclusive Inks: Wisteria on the negative side and Mist on the positive side onto White Daisy Cardstock. Then I trimmed down those pieces into what you see on the card and mounted it on Mulberry cardstock. The little butterfly and sentiment come from the Life's a Hoot Cardmaking Workshop Set. 

I added a bit of sparkle with the Mist Glitter Paper, Mulberry Shimmer Brush on the sentiment and butterfly and some Clear Sparkles. All of this was easy with the White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack.


If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #cardmaking #stampingfoam

5 comments:

  1. So clever to use both sides of the embossing folder for a similar yet different look. I have bought myself some of this foam but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. You've inspired me with your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vandra. Give it a try! It's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card! Those soft colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you did with the foam block. The addition of the butterfly is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle this is lovely. What a great way to use the stamping foam.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...