Thursday, March 9, 2023

Inspiration Card

March is a time for Wearing O' the Green and these two Challenges do just that! Double Trouble is challenging us with a project featuring green and plaids/checks. Inspiration Station has a challenge photo full of beautiful greens. Check both of these challenges out by clicking the links I added later in this post. 

First of all, Green is one of my favorite colors and I love a good plaid, too! So this challenge is right in my wheelhouse!

I have several inspirations going with this card. The two challenges I already mentioned and another by Dana Baker. Her inspiration was a card where she used Liquid Pearls to create a pretty background. I couldn't wait to get into my stash of Liquid Pearls and try this out! 

The plaid background is a piece of Irresistible Cardstock with Sage Exclusive Inks brushed on it with a Blending Brush. The cardstock colors are Sage, Sapphire and White Daisy. Exclusive Inks colors are Sage and Sapphire. I also added Sage ink to the sentiment to bring in the green color and soften all the white cardstock. The stamp set the sentiment comes from is D2095 Irish Blessings and is on sale during this months Stamptacular Sale! White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack is a staple in my stash so I'm always ready to make a card.


Here's where the Liquid Pearls comes in.....the butterfly. I used Sage Liquid Pearls to create a background by squirting a good amount on my white cardstock. With a tissue I smeared it around the cardstock until I had a nice look. I did add a bit more Liquid Pearls to get a stronger color then smeared it around. As I was designing this card I decided to use the Liquid Pearl piece.... once dried..... to cut out a butterfly using the Z4653 Layered Butterfly Thin Cuts. You can seen the sheen in the photo but it still looks better in person. I added a bit of Sapphire ink to the edges to make it stand out from the background. I also bent the wings up a bit and put some Thin Foam Tape on the back of the wings for a dimensional effect.







Double Trouble Challenge #133 Pinch Proof


This photo is an inspiration because it reminds me of Ireland which is #1 on my Bucket List! 

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.



Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #doubletrouble #inspirationstation


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I would not have thought to use liquid pearls in this way so well done! Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the shine the liquid pearls adds and that sentiment is lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my DT member at Double Trouble used this Irresistible cardstock and I didn't know what it was, how did I miss that, love it... need to get that packet. And your butterfly is so pretty using the pearl color. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble and Inspiration Station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that soft green and blue! And the picture that gives the right angle to see the embossing and the sheen on the butterfly - beautiful! Thanks for sharing this at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...