Friday, May 19, 2023

Masculine Card ~ Color Dare #549

 Are you ready for a new color challenge? Our Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare has a fun Tic Tac Toe Challenge for you. Pick your colors by row, column or diagonal. After that you can use other colors in the grid if you like. What you can't do is add any extra colors. See the graphic for the fine print rules.

I saw a card made by Monica Hayward and fell in love with it! I couldn't wait to re-create it and put my spin on it for this challenge. Thank you for the inspiration Monica!

I started with the  top left diagonal of colors: Harbour, Silver and Papaya. I added Pine and Mink (neutral).  The Hey Handsome paper pack (link below) is a perfect pairing for this design! The "buckle" is embossed in Silver and I used the marker in the photo to outline the Black Dots to give it the look of a snap. 

The stitching on the jeans was done with a White Gel Pen. I used a piece of sandpaper to rough up the cardstock a bit and distressed the "shirt" with ink to create the look of fold when the shirt is tucked in. 

Other products used for this card:


Color Dare #549



Inside of card

Hey Handsome Stamps Set + Thin Cuts

Hey Handsome Paper Pack

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #cardmaking #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great masculine card... love the shirt and the buckle on the pants, nice selection of paper and colors. Very hansome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made the buckle the sentiment! Wonderful details with the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific masculine card - I love the striped paper turned the opposite direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! How freaking clever is this card?!? I might be speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GREAT masculine card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...