Friday, October 20, 2023

Family Fun Layout ~ Color Dare #571

 Ok, we all know it's our favorite day of the week for a lot of reasons, but here at Color Dare it's because we have a new challenge for you! This challenge is all about using Black & White with only ONE other color that you get to pick. See the graphic for the fine print rules.

Create any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge click here for the direct link.

I really wanted to make a layout today. I had some photos from a recent trip to be with family and pulled those out. As soon as I looked at the photos I knew what my one color was going to be: Journey!  What a fun time this particular evening was and now it's documented with my favorite color, too. 

I couldn't really trim any of the photos down to a smaller size so I decided I'd make a vertical column without mats. It's hard to tell in the photo but the middle photos is popped up a bit on Thin Foam Tape. 

The stamp set is one you really need in your stash. Not only does it help as an accent to other images, it stands well on its own. I decided to use the wood image for journaling since I can't keep from my handwriting floating up to the right. LOL  I stamped in 2nd generation ink for the wood image. 

This was a fun layout to make. That's the fun of scrapbooking.... you get to relive the memories. I made this layout with a smile on my face the entire time. 

Close To My Heart products used on this layout:



Direct link to Color Dare #571


D2196 Design Elements Stamp Set

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle  #ctmh #layout  #colordare #colormyheart #scrapbooking #coloroftheyear

11 comments:

  1. Great page of memories, Michelle! I love the color you used for this challenge. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful colour - lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did the Design Elements stamp set. The wood planks as journaling strips...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout with the black flowers and journey gems. I love how you used the wood planks for the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and family. Love how you did the journaling on the stamped woodgrain... the color blend you used on this page really show off your photos.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Color Dare #599

Can you believe it's May already? Time just seems to keep going faster all  the time! Let's enjoy and create as much as we can as it...