It's time for a new color challenge from our team at Color Dare. Every Friday we give you a new palette of colors to get you started. Make any paper craft you like. When you're ready to join our challenge see the direct ink below the graphic.
The rules are simple. Use the challenge colors to create a project. Make sure your colors are a close match to the challenge colors. Do Not add any extra colors beyond the Free colors mentioned in the graphic.
I'm still creating in Fall/Autumn mode and went with a design showing leave in their colorful glory. I used the Lustrous Leaves Bundle that includes Hot Foil Dies and Masks. This combo creates gorgeous leave for any time of the year depending on the colors you pick!
Using Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight inks with Blending Brushes I colored the leaves after they were Hot Foiled. Click here to learn about our Hot Foil System. Once the leaves were colored I used the die to cut them out all at once. How's that for easy!
I really love our new Softy Woven Embossing Folder! I mean I REALLY love it! It gives fantastic texture to your projects without stealing the show from your focal image. I also use a bonding brush and Crumb Cake ink to add some color around the edges. Doesn't it bring out the pattern nicely?
Next came die cutting a grid like shape to go under the leaves. This piece grounds the design so it doesn't look like the leaves are floating in air. The leaves are placed in a cluster with the largest one popped up on Dimensionals. This detail adds depth to the design so everything doesn't look flat.
A hot foiled sentiment, Twine bow and some Dots are the finished touches. What do you think? Is this a design you'd try?
On the inside I stamped a fun sentiment and added a leaf that matches the card front design. It's always fun to bring some of your design to the inside of the card and the envelope! Don't send "naked" envelopes! Since I'm hand delivering this card I used some more Hot Foiled leaves and glued them to the envelope.
Ok are you ready to give our color challenge a try? We love seeing how our colors inspire your creativity! Have fun!
Michelle Loncar
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Shop: MichelleLoncar.stampinup.net
Images©Stampin' Up!
#showandtellwithmichelle #colordarechallenge #colorchallenge #hotfoilsystem #lustrousleaves #notesofcollagebundle
No comments:
Post a Comment
What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!