Friday, July 21, 2017

Color Dare #253 ~ Poppy, Tangerine, Willow Glacier, Slate and White....optional Gold

Welcome to the Color My Heart color challenge. We do a weekly challenge and pick the colors to get you started. If you don't have the exact colors you may substitute something close so you can still play along. But don't add any new colors to the palette! Each Friday you'll find a new color challenge so come back often!

For this challenge I used a sketch and papers from a couple different packs. The flower was created by making a water color wash on Watercolor Paper. Then I stamped on top where I wanted the colors to be positioned and cut it out. The little sparkled inside the sequins are clear so I used a marker to color them.



inside of card
I used this sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.



All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Papers: Prickly Pear, Uptown, Gold Glitter, Watercolor
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Stamp Sets: Keep Dreaming, This & That
  • Exclusive Inks: Slate
  • Water Colors with a Water Brush
  • ShinHan Marker: Carmine
  • Embellishments: Prickly Pear Sequins, Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles
  • This 3D Foam Tape
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

Now it's your turn to create and share! We LOVE seeing what you create and how you use the colors this week. Full details on how to link to our home page are in the post for this week. Click on "Current Challenge" on the Color My Heart home page for the details. 




Have fun creating!
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #closetomyheart #cardmaking

4 comments:

  1. Love this, Michelle! The watercolor wash looks so nice on the flower! I like the sketch you followed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower is beautiful! I love the cluster of gems for the flower center. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watercolour wash on the flower and the angled paper makes this card so unique! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vellum banner...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Cut Out Card ~ Atlantic Heats Sketch Challenge #569

This sketch challenge is pretty simple and easy...... or you can make it more complex. Either way it's fun and creates a pretty card whe...