Friday, May 8, 2020

Floral Card ~ Tic Tac Toe Color Dare #393

Well aren't we lucky! Color My Heart Color Dare is having our popular Tic Tac Toe Challenge two times in a row! How fun is that!???

First pick your colors from the grid by row, column or diagonal. Then if you want to use some of the other colors go for it! What you can't do is add new colors to the grid. We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand you have as long as you can make a very close match. Once you pick your colors you can make any paper craft you like.

For my card I used the right column of colors: Nectarine, Raspberry and Green Apple. It's an unusual color combo for me but today seemed like just the right one! I stamped and colored the flowers with watercolor pencils then used a water brush to blend the colors.

The little grid like layer was cute with my Cricut. I found the pattern I wanted in our Close To My Heart Artbooking Collection. Once I sized it for my card front I used the Contour feature to eliminate some of the cutouts. It started out with the cutouts filling the entire piece so i just "closed" the cutouts I didn't want on the piece. Very easy to do and creates a nice eye catching part of the design.

Hey..... did you know you can shop Cricut through my blog? Just click the icon in the upper right column and you'll have access to ALL Close To My Heart collections...current AND retired! Not only that but you'll have access to ALL things Cricut as well.

The layer behind the cutout pieces was sponged with ink. I didn't sponge where I knew the cutout layer was going to be solid, but I did make sure to do the edges all the way around because they would be peeking out from the cutout layer.

Once I placed the flowers, the top two were popped up with a bit of thin foam tape, I painted the flowers with Clear Shimmer Brush to give them some sparkle. Next I wanted a bit of bling in the white space. I used some white pearls for that. Wait....white? Where are they. Well they are right there hiding under some pink and orange marker treatment! Did you know you can color embellishments with our ShinHan Markers? You can because they are alcohol markers. So I gave the white pearl gems some color accenting the rest of the card colors.

The sentiment is from our May Stamp of the Month called Time to Celebrate. You can get this stamp set at a great discount of only $5 with a qualifying purchase. The only "catch" is because it's a stamp of the month it's only available from May 1 - 31. After that it's gone, gone, gone! Full details are on my website.





D1925 A Million Little Things


May Stamp of the Month ~ S2005 Time to Celebrate
Only available May 1 - 31, 2020



Other products from Close To My Heart used on this card
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Intense Black, Raspberry, Nectarine 
  • Cricut: Artbooking Collection
  • Watercolor Pencils + a Water Brush
  • ShinHan Markers: Orange, Dark Red
  • White Pearls
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Sponge, Clear Shimmer Brush
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I'd love to have you on my team!

Now it's YOUR turn to create and share. Which colors will you chose to work with on your paper craft? We can't wait to see! Full details of the challenge are in the post on our home page.

Have fun!
Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #colordare #colormyheart #colorchallenge #cardmaking

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the sponging behind the cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card...love it all. Our DTC had sponging this week, but where's your butterfly...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....sorry about the butterfly.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

      Delete
    3. Looking at it one more time, you have TicTacToe, first row "Birthday, CAS and Green" for Joy of Sets TTT, please share with our partner this week too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love this! The sponging behind the layer is perfect and the flowers... well, they are simply awesome. What a terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Michelle! Love the color combo. Isn't owning a digital cutter fantastic for giving your imagination free reign?? I have another brand, and use it all the time. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble this week!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, Michelle! At first I thought you had stenciled the "trellis" design - but inserting color behind the cutout produced perfect results. Love the shimmery flowers, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #56.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour scheme you have chosen. Will have to try the Cricut 'trellis' with colour behind,
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan Teamie

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #573

Are you ready for a new sketch from Atlantic Hearts? Well here you go! This sketch is so versatile and allows for so many interpretations. I...