Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Metallic Flowers ~ Card #1

In this post I'm sharing a really fun technique using our Metallic Markers. It's a lot of fun and can give you some really dramatic results! I've made several different versions of this card and will be sharing them over the next week so be sure to come back and check them out. Ok, let's go!

I love blue and silver together and here is a very pretty example of this combo. The metallic markers work on all kinds of paper but the  most dramatic is to use them on black cardstock! Here is my 5" x 7" card.

First I used an embossing folder to create the raised image. I used black cardstock with a white core and sometimes it cracks when being embossed. To prevent this I simply put a piece of white (or any other color) cardstock on top of the black and embossed them together. This prevents the black from cracking and now I also have a white embossed piece to use on another project!

Once I had the embossing done I was ready to color. You just color the raised part of the image. The ink from the metallic marker flows easily with very little pressure. Just move it across the raised image with either the brush or bullet end of the marker.

When the image was colored I framed it with silver foil cut with our Stitched Square Frames die cut.  The sentiment comes from our Operation Smile stamp set seen below. 

This card is 5" x 7" 


Z2536 Precious Metals Metallic Markers
Z2535 Rare Minerals Metallic Markers



Z3694 Spring Blossoms Embossing Folder

D1977 Every Bit of Wonderful
Operation Smile stamp set.
When purchased, $7 is donated to the charity to help with facial surgeries  for children around the world. 
M1277 Swirly Happy Birthday


Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • Cardstock: Black, Carolina
  • Specialty Cardstock: Silver Foil
  • Metallic Markers: Blue Topaz, Silver Ingot
  • Exclusive Inks: Black
  • Black and White Dots

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

I hope my project put you in the mood to join the fun and create something to share! Can't wait to see what you make!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...