Thursday, January 28, 2021

Metallic Floral Card #2

 Here is my next card using our Metallic Markers. This one is done in a more monochrome look. I chose to go with a copper tone and the photo really doesn't do it justice. Here's a link to the first card.

As before, I started by dry embossing a floral design into the cardstock. To keep the black cardstock from cracking and showing the white core while being embossed I placed a white piece of cardstock on top of the black. Now I also have a white embossed piece for a different project. 

The idea is to use the marker on only the top part of the embossed design. The ink flows so easily you don't need any pressure at all. Using the metallic markers on black cardstock creates a dramatic look, don't you think? 

To create the layers I put the embossed layer on Copper Ore. It's a special cardstock with a soft metallic look to it. The card base is white covered with a piece of Scarlet cardstock. When comparing the copper colors with my cardstock I was surprised to see that Scarlet was the best choice. Next to the copper it takes on a rusty dull red look. Very pretty!

Standard Size Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"




Z2536 Precious Metals Metallic Markers

Z3694 Sp[ring Blossoms Embossing Folder

B1728 Sending Well Wishes
Used for the sentiments.

Other Close To My Heart products used for this card.
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: Black, Scarlet
  • Specialty Cardstock: Copper Ore
  • Metallic Marker: Ages Copper
  • Exclusive Inks: Black, Scarlet
If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

I hope my project put you in the mood to join the fun and create something to share! Can't wait to see what you make!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Slimline Floral ~ Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #575

 Welcome to a new sketch challenge from our team at Atlantic Hearts. Here is a fun slimline sketch that I know you'll love to create wit...