Friday, January 5, 2018

Chelsea Gardens ~ Color Dare 274


Welcome to our first Color My Heart Color Dare of 2018!

Color dare 274 is open until Jan. 18th.

You'll notice a few things are different and we hope easier for you to play along! Come back each Friday to see what the new challenge is and then create a paper craft to share!

This week the Design Team is challenging to use the colors Glacier, Charcoal and Bashful with optional Silver. Black and White will now always be allowed unless stated. If you don't have the exact Close To My Heart colors you may substitute something close, but don't add any brand new colors to the palette.


I love the soft colors of this palette. I got out some of my new products from Seasonal Expressions 1 and started creating! The pattern was one I saw on Pinterest by Wanda Pettijohn. I first stamped the flowers and then added some Bashful ink with a water brush with Glacier added to the leaves. These images have matching Thin Cut shapes so that made it easy!
I LOVE the marble look of the paper! The flowers are popped up a bit with some foam tape and the last step was to paint a bit of Clear Shimmer on the petals. 

Inside of card
All products are Close To My Heart
  • Stamp Set: Chelsea Gadens Cardmaking + Thin Cuts
  • Paper: Chelsea Gardens
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Exclusive Inks: Charcoal, Glacier, Bashful re-inker
  • Specialty Paper: Silver Glitter paper
  • Embellishments: Clear Shimmer Brush
  • Tools: Thin 3D Foam Tape, Water Brush
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too!

I hope you're feeling inspired to join in the fun! You have until Thursday Jan. 18th to create and share  on our home page. We LOVE seeing your creations and you can join as often as you like!

I'm also sharing is card on the Three Amigos Blog. Check them out!

Have a creative day!
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #closetomyheart #cardmaking

SaveSave
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sparkly card, Michelle! I love the split design! The thin strip of glitter paper finishes the edges nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I love Chelsea Gardens papers!

      Delete
  2. Love that background paper, and the dimension of your card really comes through with diagonal strip of your design paper and layered floral...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I can't get enough of that marble look paper!

      Delete
  3. Wowzer! This is quite a beauty! Your prize from last month should be to you soon... and thanks so much for playing along with us again at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous Michelle! I love the card layout and your paper choices. I'm so glad you are such a consistent talent and devoted contributor on our Color Dare Design Team!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. I'm very happy to be part of the Color Dare Design Team! Thank YOU for being our fearless leader!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous design! And elegant, too.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...