Thursday, February 15, 2018

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - In Love with Vellum



Welcome to the Technique Hop for February. This month we're showing off ways to use Vellum!
If you've come from Darlys Recker's blog you're doing fine. Just keep clicking on the links in each post to continue along on the hop.

I made this card with a Vellum Overlay. I stamped some things on the front of the vellum (sea weed, starfish, clams) and some on the back of the vellum (bubbles). I also sponged ink on the back of the vellum to give it a watery look with a sandy bottom. Doing some of the stamping/sponging on the back of the vellum gives a softer look which I thought would be perfect for an underwater world.



Here you can see the shimmer I added to her hair and mermaid tail. The mermaid was colored with ShinHan Markers.

On the the inside of the card. I used the Bashful Shimmer Brush to frame the sentiment. It comes out pink and sparkly!


All products are Close To My Heart:
  • Vellum
  • Stamp Sets: Make Waves Scrapbooking Kit, Birthday Sparkles
  • Exclusive Inks: Archival Black, Crystal Blue, Glacier, Espresso, Almond, Pacifica, Toffee, Lagoon
  • ShinHan Markers: Pastel Green, Pastel Peach
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Reinkers: Pixie, Lemon, Lagoon
  • Tools: Sponge, Water Brush
  • Embellishments: Make Wave Sequins & Gems, Bitty Sparkles, Bashful Shimmer Brush
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Next up is Sarah Devendorf. Check it out for even more inspiration using vellum!

Thanks for hopping by!
Michelle

#closetomyheart #techniquehop #cardmaking





8 comments:

  1. Great job! Love your layering and sparkling. 🏆🏆🏆

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live how you stamped on both sides. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic card! I love how layered it is, as it gives such great depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, so much detail. The 2 layer stamping under the vellum really looks 3-D and under the sea! also love the blush shimmer border inside the card. Super job!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...