Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Purposeful Plastic - CTMH Technique Blog Hop



It's time for another Technique Blog Hop! this month we're featuring plastic and ways to use it in your crafting projects. If you've come from Melissa Robinson's blog you're doing fine. Click on the link in each post to hop to the next blog for more great ideas!

When I was thinking about what I wanted to make for this hop I thought back to a project I learned a LONG time ago when I first became a consultant. It's called a Magic Slider Card and it's a lot of fun! Check out this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers to help you try it yourself.

This is card has a special pocket system that has the plastic layer in the front and showing through a window. When you pull on the ribbon you reveal the image magically colored in! There is a piece of cardstock between the two layers with images that hides the colored imaged until you pull the ribbon.  Amazingly I found I still had a pack of Window Plastic way back from when the company was called D.O.T.S. If you don't have a stash of that you can use the plastic from a presentation folder. 



Here I lifted up the plastic a bit so you can see the stamped image you see when the card is closed. After you pull the ribbon the two layers superimpose and you just see the colored in image.
Check out the tutorial and it will make a lot more sense. 


Close To My Heart Products
  • Stamp Sets: Happily Ever After, Documented - Cardmaking
  • Exclusive Inks: Stazon Black, New England Ivy
  • ShinHan Markers: Sap Green, Warm Grey WG7, Peony Purple, golden Yellow
  • Documented Paper Pack
  • Cardstock: White Daisy, Eggplant
  • Enchantment Ribbon
  • Tools: Mini Stapler, Score Tool, Craft Knife, Paper Trimmer
Retired Items: Window Plastic, Notch Punch

If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Now it's time to hop over and see what Debi Mc Bain created to inspire us! Enjoy the hop!

Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #technique hop, #CTMH, #cardmaking

SaveSave

8 comments:

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Stencil Card ~ Color Dare #594

 Friday means a new challenge from our team at Color Dare! This week you pick at least 3 colors shown in our graphic. See the graphic for th...