Friday, September 21, 2018

Just Treats Card ~ Color Dare 311


How do you like the colors of this challenge? The Design Team at Color My Heart hopes you will join in the fun and create any paper craft using the colors of this challenge and share it on our home page. Tell your friends to join the fun, too!

I'm also sharing this card on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog for their Sweet Treats challenge. Check it out!

Color My Heart Color Dare was started in 2011 by Sarah Stone. Sarah is no longer part of the Design Team but still participates with the challenges. I discovered Color Dare in 2012 when I was searching for a challenge to try out. I really liked the idea of being challenged by using certain colors. That made part of the decision making process of creating a paper craft easy! When a Design Team Call went out later that year I applied and was selected to join the team! It's been fun working with a variety of team members over the years and recently I became the moderator of our team. We have a fantastic team and I love working and creating with these gals. Would you like to join us? We're very supportive and a fun group. If you would like to be considered for our team contact me at: stamplady@kc.rr.com.

I love the Ballerina and Peacock but adding Saffron was a challenge for me. So I dove into my Make It from Your Heart How-to book for inspiration and came up with this card.....and I love it!

Ok a bit of honestly here. The banner on the right with the heart.....that's an add-on to the design because I made a tiny bit of an ink smear on the card front. *sigh. Either I started the card all over again or I needed to cover it up. The banner and heart was my solution.

Notice the shine on the candy? I put some Liquid Glass on the candy to make it look like cellophane wrappers! The color on the candy is 1st generation on the Ballerina but 2nd generation on the Peacock and Saffron. I also swiped some gold shimmer across the word friends to make it stand out a bit. the letters in Thankful were colored with a touch of ink from the lid of the stamp pad and a water brush.

The stamped images are from the Just Treats set. This is our September Stamp of the Month and will only be available until the end of this month!




Detail of candy

Inside of card


Click here to see the blog hop for this set!

Close To My Heart products:
  • Stamp Set: Just Treats (available until Sept. 30, 2018)
  • White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
  • Boutique Paper Pack and Compliments
  • Make It from Your Heart How-to Book Volume 4, Pattern 22.
  • Exclusive Inks: Charcoal, Peacock, Ballerina, Saffron
  • Cardstock: White Daisy
  • Specialty Paper: Gold Glitter Paper
  • Embellishment: Gold Glitter Gems, Gold Shimmer Brush, White and Gold Ribbon
  • Tools: Liquid Glass, thin 3D Foam Tape, Water Brush, Journal Pen

Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant I'd be happy to help.
If you would like to BE a consultant I can help with that, too.

Are you feeling inspired to play along? We reference Close To My Heart colors but you can use any brand that's a close match. You must use the 3 colors above but black, white and neutrals like grey and browns are free. Full details are on our home page.

Have a craft happy day!
Michelle

#colordare #colormyheart #ctmh #showandtellwithmichelle #cardmaking
SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. Love your card! I really like how you added the doodling around the liquid glass to the candies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Saffron with Ballerina hard too... you did a lovely job. I like your liquid glass candy and the cover up glitter banner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I love it when I can include those little extra touches.

      Delete
  3. Looks like we were all having some difficulty on how to bring in the saffron...and I think we all met the challenge. That candy looks yummy and so does your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable, so sweet (pun intended...lol) Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card (: I lov ethe little hearts inside. It is always the details that get me. I also love the shine yo got on the candies. Thank you for playing along with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I especially love all your doodling and the shiny candy is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and pretty colors...SWEET details! Thanks for linking up to H2H!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Decorative Shapes Layout

Today I'm sharing another idea for using that spectacular Decorative Shapes Thin Cuts! You have a total of 18 shapes to use in the obvio...